“Good products come from a good business environment with a commitment to synergy of Quality, Cost and Human Resources”:
This is the guiding principle of Hokusay Rubber Industry. While creating a solid business foundation by incorporating customers’ needs into our products and focusing on the market, we are leading the industry in our sector.
Since its establishment in 1930, Hokusay Rubber Industry had focused on the manufacturing and sales of rubber footwear until 1972, when its core business shifted completely to the manufacturing of industrial rubber products.
We have since emerged as a leading manufacturer of a comprehensive line of industrial rubber products that cater to the automotive and building construction industries as well as to the civil engineering, roadways, and electrical and chemical sectors. In August 1986, a new plant was constructed, and the "Kanban System," which is centered around the Toyota Production System, was introduced to implement an efficient manufacturing system. We remain committed to fulfilling the diverse variety of requests from our customers.
We aim to scale new heights by strongly promoting quality control and pursuing a sounder management structure.
Our goal is to "contribute to society by offering high-quality products." We will continue striving to become better taking this as the guiding principle. Thank you for your support.
President and Representative Director Shinichi Komeya
- Corporate Name
- Hokusay Rubber Industry Co., Ltd.
- Postal code: 938-0054
362-14, Oka, Kurobe City, Toyama Prefecture
- July 20, 1930
- 61,000,000.- yen
- Number of Employees
- 479 (as of August 2019)
- Membership of Societies
- The Society of Rubber Science and Technology, Japan, and Manufacturers Association of Building Gasket
- Granted contractor's license
- License number: 12958 (general-17) granted by Governor of Toyama Prefecture
- ISO Management System
- Certified according to ISO-9001 and ISO-14001.
- Board Members
- Chairman and Representative Director Komeya Masahiro
President and Representative Director Komeya Shinichi
Executive Managing Director Komeya Yuji
Executive Managing Director Kikuchi Kuniji
Director Maeda Kouzou
Director Saito Yasuyoshi
Auditor Komeya Akira
- Founded under the name of Hokusei Rubber Material Industry
Started production of the general footwear made of all rubber
- Renamed to Hokusay Rubber Industry, and set up the Footwear Division and the Industrial Rubber Products Division
- Received certification as the JIS Certified Plant, and started marketing of the traffic safety rubber cone (Safety Rubber Cone)
- Stopped operation of the Footwear Division, and converted entirely the business category into the industrial rubber products
- Received PM (Plant Maintenance) Award from Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance, and from Japan Management Association
- Started manufacturing of building material rubber products
- Moved to the newly constructed headquarters building and the main plant at the present location
- Constructed the Building Material Testing Center
- Constructed the new office building
- Constructed the second rubber manufacturing plant at Kine, Nyuzen-machi, Toyama Prefecture
- Introduced the Synergy (of PM, QC and TPS) movement
- Certified as the authorized manufacturer of the Fire Retardant CR Rubber Gasket for the Class-B fire door by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.
- Certified as the authorized manufacturer of the Fireproof Cyclic Gasket by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.
(Certification number WN1196-C2116-G2106 for Pca version)
- Cerebrated 70th anniversary
- Constructed the new Technical Center
- ISO 9001:2000 Certified (February)
ISO14001:2004 Certified (December)
- Selected by Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry as the "300 Active Small and Medium Manufacturing Enterprises in 2007"
Transferred production of the Safety Rubber Cone
- Renewed the Corporate Identity (CI)
- Constructed the new welfare building according to the construction of bypass for the National Highway Route 8
Policy on Procurement of Conflict Minerals
We are concerned that the mineral resources mined in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and its nine neighboring countries may be being used to fund the armed forces in the area, leading to human rights violations and environmental destruction. To avoid such tragedies, we are working with our customers and suppliers to review our supply chain to identify anomalous suppliers, so as to ensure that our procurement activities do not result in the acquisition of minerals in support of any armed force.
Hokusay Rubber IndustryGuidelines on the Management of Environmentally Hazardous Chemical Substances
At Hokusay Rubber Industry, we have established "Guidelines on the Management of Environmentally Hazardous Chemical Substances" to promote comprehensive and systematic responses in the event of accidents involving environmentally hazardous chemical substances—both within and outside the company. We keep endeavoring to properly manage and handle such substances.
Measures under Normal Circumstances
- [Basic Matters]
- To ensure proper management and handling of environmentally hazardous chemical substances at our facilities, we provide adequate information on such substances and the necessary education mandated by the relevant laws and regulations to all our employees.
- [Establishment of the Management System]
- To ensure that such substances are managed reliably and smoothly, the company president is appointed as the Chief Administrator of the Management of Chemical Substances, while each concerned department is appointed as a member of the "Committee on Environmental Response and Risk Assessment".
- All materials, not limited to rubber and chemicals for rubber, are managed according to the Hokusay Green Procurement Guidelines. If any revisions are made to the relevant laws and regulations, the conformity or non-conformity of our materials are promptly discussed and defined clearly. All procured items are screened by the Materials Division, and no environmentally hazardous chemical substance is stored in the company’s premises.
- [Operation within the Company]
- No environmentally hazardous chemical substance is used in our products. If products are found to be contaminated, the incidence is promptly investigated to determine the cause, and it is reported to the manager. In the unfortunate event that contaminated products are released to customers, we promptly contact them, disclose the necessary information, and answer any questions they might have honestly and sincerely.
- [Suppliers and Subcontractors]
- The Hokusay Green Procurement Guidelines are distributed to our suppliers and subcontractors, who are thoroughly guided and monitored to ensure that they adhere to the guidelines. We require an SDS or equivalent information for every material delivered to us, and compatibility with the guidelines is confirmed at the time of delivery.